GOLFSMITH (U.S.) & GOLF TOWN (CANADA) BRANDS
SENIOR COPYWRITER & CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER
FEBRUARY 2012 – PRESENT
• In charge of developing, implementing, planning & executing all content marketing efforts, social media included.
• Develop copy for digital, print, in-store, and OOH brand marketing, as well as promotional initiatives.
• Responsible in revamping brand presence to be golfer-focused with relevant content and an authentic voice. Writer for all brand marketing, including new SmartFit initiatives, a multi-million dollar custom club fitting program.
• Formerly led all marketing on managing and updating social media initiatives available for both Golfsmith and Golf Town brands. Oversaw Facebook, Twitter and Instagram interactions – growing reach instantly without ad spending. Initiated >20% follower organic growth in less than 6 months. Current role involved consulting with content leader and developing new strategies.
• Support “Anything for Golf” brand campaign in all media, and work across marketing platforms to ensure brand and voice consistency. Provide marketing leadership for Golfsmith and Golf Town brands in competitive markets to open 25+ new stores within two years, developing the brand awareness while simplifying the marketing voice.
• Recognized as a visionary and creative thinker adept at conceptualizing, defining, and implementing strategic marketing strategies for the business, which generated increased revenue per customer.
• Selected as a finalist for company-wide quarterly Innovation and Inspiration Awards.
NICE KICKS ONLINE SNEAKER MAGAZINE
MARKETING STRATEGIST & STAFF WRITER
AUGUST 2009 – OCTOBER 2011
• Responsibilities involved creating sneaker-related content for readers in the 15-30 year old range in an extremely brand-loyal consumer market. Helped grow 4-person team into the definitive online voice.
• Created twice-weekly email newsletter – reaching 78,000+ inboxes, which drove visits and online sales.
• Served as Art Director and Photo Editor while driving clicks and audience spread via 20+ daily, humorous tweets containing links. Accounted for roughly 15% of incoming clicks.
• Grew local brand to expand to an enthusiast market – reaching college students and young Austinites.
• Focused marketing activities on developing new business and promoting the brand to target audiences.
• Implemented successful area marketing and branding efforts for events, product launches, and seasonal sales.
SICOLAMARTIN (Y&R Austin)
• Work included writing for a variety of clients, proofing long copy for client case studies, and developing concepts for new campaigns.
• Multiple headlines, long copy work and a radio spot were selected for production against staff offerings.
• I never got coffee for anyone.